The term “marketing as a service” or MaaS refers to a new approach to marketing that consists of outsourcing part or all of a company’s marketing activities to a specialized provider. This provider provides companies with a marketing platform or suite of tools in SaaS mode, i.e. as a service.
The benefits of MaaS
MaaS offers many advantages to businesses, including:
- Reduced costs: Marketing outsourcing allows businesses to reduce their costs in terms of personnel, equipment, and infrastructure.
- Greater flexibility: Companies can adapt their marketing needs according to their situation and objectives.
- Increased expertise: MaaS providers have expertise and experience that companies do not necessarily have in-house.
The different types of MaaS
There are different types of MaaS, depending on the marketing activities that are outsourced:
- Digital marketing: This is the most common form of MaaS. Companies outsource digital marketing activities such as SEO, social media marketing, emailing, etc.
- Marketing automation: This is a solution that automates repetitive marketing tasks, such as sending emails, lead management, etc.
- Content marketing: This is a solution that allows companies to create and distribute quality marketing content.
- CRM marketing: This is a solution that allows companies to manage their relationships with their customers.
Is MaaS right for your business?
MaaS is a solution that can be adapted to all types of businesses, regardless of their size or sector of activity. However, it is important to carefully assess your needs and objectives before choosing a MaaS provider.
Here are a few questions to ask yourself to determine if MaaS is right for your business:
- What are your current marketing activities?
- What are your marketing objectives?
- Do you have the internal resources to implement your marketing strategy?
If you answered yes to these questions, MaaS may be an interesting solution for your business.
Some examples of MaaS
Here are a few examples of MaaS providers:
- HubSpot offers a suite of SaaS marketing tools that covers the entire customer lifecycle.
- Adobe Marketing Cloud offers a complete suite of marketing tools for businesses of all sizes.
- Salesforce Marketing Cloud is a marketing automation solution that allows businesses to manage their customer relationships.
- Marketo is a marketing automation solution that allows businesses to create and deliver effective marketing campaigns.
- Google Marketing Platform is a suite of marketing tools that allows businesses to measure and optimize their marketing campaigns.