Staircase displays are an alternative advertising medium that uses staircases as a canvas to reach consumers. When done well, staircase displays can be a very effective way to capture attention and promote your brand or product.
There are two main types of staircase displays: wild postings and legal displays. Wild postings are those that are placed on public property without permission, and they are often considered illegal. Legal displays, on the other hand, are those that are placed on private property with the permission of the owner.
Staircase displays can be used in a variety of settings, including:
- Public places, such as train stations, airports, and shopping malls
- Private businesses, such as hotels, restaurants, and retail stores
- Event venues, such as sports stadiums and concert halls
Staircase displays offer a number of advantages over other types of advertising, including:
- High visibility: Staircase displays are often located in high-traffic areas, which means that they are seen by a large number of people.
- Captive audience: Staircase displays are difficult to ignore, as people are forced to look at them while they are ascending or descending the stairs.
- Unique format: Staircase displays are a relatively new and unique form of advertising, which means that they are more likely to grab people’s attention.
When designing a staircase display, it is important to keep the following tips in mind:
- Use high-impact visuals: Staircase displays should be visually appealing and eye-catching. Use bright colors, bold graphics, and creative imagery to capture attention.
- Keep your message clear and concise: Staircase displays are typically viewed for only a few seconds, so it is important to keep your message clear and concise. Focus on one key message or call to action.
- Use the space wisely: Staircase displays come in a variety of shapes and sizes, so it is important to use the space wisely. Make sure that your display is well-proportioned and that the text and images are easy to read.
Here are some examples of successful staircase displays:
- In 2013, Nike launched a staircase display in Paris that featured a giant image of a basketball player dunking. The display was located in a high-traffic area near the Eiffel Tower and generated a lot of buzz on social media.
- In 2016, Coca-Cola launched a staircase display in London that featured a giant image of a bottle of Coke being poured into a glass. The display was located in a popular tourist area and helped to increase sales of Coke in the UK.
- In 2019, Apple launched a staircase display in New York City that featured a giant image of the iPhone 11. The display was located in a high-traffic area near Times Square and helped to promote the new iPhone.
Some staircase display samples:
If you are looking for a unique and effective way to advertise your brand or product, consider using a staircase display. Staircase displays can be used in a variety of settings and offer a number of advantages over other types of advertising.